SPRING 2022 REC REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
** New this season: weekday practices in Gilroy for both U6 and U8 age groups **
ABOUT OUR REC PROGRAM
Our Spring Program will run for 11 weeks, and all players will receive one coaching session a week with their OV Toros FC professional coach. Throughout the 11 weeks, the program provides the players with the opportunity to learn fundamental and new soccer skills through our different weekly topics.
On game days, we work with volunteer coaches (parents/guardians/siblings) to assist the running of the teams. The players will start game days a couple of weeks into our Recreational program start date.
- Our U6 players will be grouped on ability/skill level each game day to make sure games are fun and challenging for each player.
- Our U8 to U14 players will be put in teams for game days within the first two weeks of the season and will stay in the same team throughout. Players will have the opportunity for one buddy request at the start of the season.
COST FOR FULL SPRING SEASON
$235 - includes OV Toros FC practice jersey and game day uniform (U6 receive game jersey only)
No players left behind! We do offer scholarships. Details and inquiry here: http://ovysl.org/_files/policy/Scholarship%20Policy.pdf
IMPORTANT DEADLINES & PROGRAM DATES
- December 13, 2021: registration opens
- February 28, 2022: Deadline to submit online without a late fee
- March 14, 2022: Online registration remains open with an applicable $50.00 late fee.
- March 15, 2022: Online registration system CLOSES; a wait List will open after this date
- March 21, 2022: practices start
- April 2, 2022: games for U6 and U8 start at PA Walsh (age group game times schedule will be announced in March and will be the same every week)
- April 2022: game schedule for our U10 to U14 teams will be announced by the league (CalNorth) and games can be either on Saturday or Sunday
- June 5, 2022: end of season
· Morgan Hill (all ages groups) - Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Complex, 16500 Condit Road
· Gilroy (U6 and U8) - Brownell Middle School, 7701 Hanna Street
· U6 and U8 will play at PA Walsh School, Peak Ave, Morgan Hill
· U10 to U14 home games will vary from Morgan Hill Complex to Kirigin Winery and other local schools fields. Away games will vary with other local recreational program fields.
· U6 - 2016/2017
· U8 - 2014/15
· U10 - 2012/13
· U12 - 2010/2011
· U14 - 2008/2009
BEING A VOLUNTEER COACH
Register here to be a volunteer coach: https://ovysl.demosphere-secure.com/_registration_login?
Volunteer coaches are required for all age groups. Volunteer coaches are required to complete the following:
- Online registration on our website - Register Team Staff / Volunteer
- Online background check - sent through by Registrar
- Lots of enthusiasm and positivity!
What the club will provide:
- Every volunteer coach will receive an OV Toros FC jersey to wear every game day
- A volunteer coach training event to all coaches who’d like to learn further session ideas they can run with their team on their optional weekly session. This date will be announced in March.
- Full support to provide a successful season.
U6: under the supervision of our professional coach, U6 volunteer coaches will help run fields every Saturday at PA Walsh School.
U8: under the supervision of our professional coach, U8 volunteer coaches will help run a team every Saturday at PA Walsh School and work with the other team coach to facilitate a fun and competitive game!
U10 to U14: volunteer coaches will help run a team every weekend either home or away through the Play Thru system. U10 to U14 volunteer coaches can run a session every week with their team (separate to the professional coaching session) at PA Walsh School or MHOSC.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.