Cash and Non-Cash Donation Policy
Sponsors that provide either a Cash or a Non-Cash donation to an OVYSL team will receive an acknowledgement letter containing OV’s FEIN#. This letter will serve as proof of their donation for reporting purposes.
Cash donations will be made directly to each team and have a limit of $1,000.00 per donation. In addition, a maximum limit of $1,000.00 also applies to each sponsor, per season. To clarify, one sponsor can make a maximum cash donation to one team in the amount of $1,000.00 each season, and expect to receive an acknowledgement letter from OVYSL for each individual donation.
Non-Cash donations will be made directly to each team and do not have a limit.
Cash Donations - Sponsor makes the check payable to the Team’s Coach or Team’s Manager (with a notation on the check indicating "OVYSL" and the team’s name)
Non-Cash Donations - Sponsor provides Team’s Coach or Team’s Manager with a purchase receipt for the donated merchandise
- Coach or Team Manager will submit, via email, a copy of the check or the merchandise receipt to OVYSL’s Treasurer, currently Debbie Fisher at email@example.com
Included in the email will be the following:
- Sponsor’s full name and mailing address
- Date and total amount of the donation
- How the donation will be used
- Coach’s name and team name
Secretary will complete and sign an acknowledgement letter and send it to the sponsor